Quote of the Day

It is much easier to build strong children than it is to repair a broken man.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

I'm Excited, But I'm a Little Scared of You

Never in my entire life have I gone in early, stayed late, and worked days that I haven't needed to, and not gotten paid! The beauty of my job now, it doesn't feel like a job. I wake up every day excited, exhilarated, and energized. Those 27 little kids are so adorable. I am now called a long list of names that I turn around and answer to.
These include
Teacher
Ms.  Gough
Mrs. Gough
Ms. Goth
Ms. Golf
and
Mom
Yes, a little girl called me mom on the first day of school as she was walking out the door. It was the cutest thing.
It still doesn't feel real. I am a teacher! Every day I get to be excited to go to work. All day long I get compliments from my cute class. It does well to boost the self-esteem. A typical day includes:
Ms. Gough you are beautiful
Ms. Gough your hair is pretty
Ms. Gough I like your hair
Ms. Gough I like your hair and your face and your shirt and your pants and your shoes
and it isn't just the little girls either! My class is just adorable.
The best comment so far was on the first day of school. I was telling my kids (yes, my class has become my kids) how excited I was for the first day of school and one adorable little boy says to me, "I'm excited, but I'm a little scared of you." It took all my self-control to not laugh. Because honestly, who would be scared of me?

I am so lucky to have a job that I love. Even if I come home exhausted, every minute is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment