Quote of the Day

It is much easier to build strong children than it is to repair a broken man.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Holding Out For a Hero

Sitting in the crowd, watching my brother marry his true love last night was the most amazing thing. They have known each other 22 years and have been in love with each other all this time. Her "best woman" was talking about when my brother let his now wife and her friends stay at his house in San Diego before he and Amber had seen each other after at least 12 years. Amber was telling her best friend how amazing this man was and how she had liked him ever since middle school. How amazing is that, 22 years, a marriage each, 2 children for my brother, 1 for his wife, and now, they are combined in love. My brother is special forces and this equates to a perception of toughness about him and so when he got slightly choked up reading his vows, it was the sweetest thing. I would hope to find someone whose feelings are that strong about me. So me, I'm holding out for a hero. (and yes, I listen to this song all throughout the day because I absolutely love it)

No comments:

Post a Comment