Quote of the Day

It is much easier to build strong children than it is to repair a broken man.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Later Gator Procrastinator

So close to a weekend of freedom and, yet, I have no motivation whatsoever to do this assignment. Sadly it is one that I have known about for about a month and yes, its due tomorrow, and yes, I'm just getting started on it. We would have some teachers that would tell us to let our group know if we were early birds or later gators. I always like to think I am an early bird, buuuuut, this isn't the case. I mean I just find so many "good" excuses as to why this other thing is so much more important than a little paper to write. Lately my brain has be SO scattered which doesn't help at all. I seriously feel ADD the past few days. Every other moment is a squirrel moment and if someone else was in my head, they would probably get dizzy.
To calm this storm in my head, last night I went to the LDS temple to do baptisms for the dead and to feel some peace. After almost two hours of waiting, I didn't expect THAT much peace, I got some answers. And they weren't answers I expected. We all know by now that patience isn't a strength of mine. The last time I was at the temple and got the answer to my question of give it time. I thought it was applying to that situation in particular. But, last night, I discovered it wasn't.
My problem is this...... (don't laugh) I have so many friends that are married, engaged, and becoming parents already that sometimes I wonder if this is meant for me too. In our crazy society that believes the key to happiness is marrying young and fast, I feel out of place. I also feel that by the time I grasp the concept of wanting to be married, I won't know where to find someone to love me for me. Ha I know it sounds crazy but here is how I see it, I am not meeting any eligible men in my profession being a teacher, summer school doesn't really attract crowds of people, and singles wards make me not want to attend church. I know, I know its all in my head and insane way of thinking but there it is. Plain and simple. I am going to be a spinster with my wonderful friend Clarissa. And no cats are allowed in our tiny spinster cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment