Quote of the Day

It is much easier to build strong children than it is to repair a broken man.

Monday, May 20, 2013

4 hours is too long for ANYONE

Last semester of school.
38 class days till graduation.
My own class in 3 months.
I can get through this.
Hopefully
 
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I arrive at UVU to sit in a hard plastic chair for four, yes 4, long hours. Now, if you know me at all, I get restless after about 20 minutes so requiring me to sit in the same seat for 240 minutes is just plain torture. This equates to me folding paper hearts, paper balloons, and a paper frog that jumps. I am paying attention, well for the most part, but I try. Effort is what counts right? As I head off to class I hear the words, "Don't fall asleep in class." As usual, my response to this is I make no promises. Learning to be a teacher is hard work. I don't think a lot of people realize how many classes, hours, tears, sweat, effort, go into finally achieving our dream. Its close! So close! but oh how the road twists and turns to get there. BUT you can bet that when the day comes that my teaching certificate is framed in my home office, it'll be worth every minute spent analyzing how many more seconds until class is out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment