Quote of the Day

It is much easier to build strong children than it is to repair a broken man.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Being a Life Long Learner

I ride front runner every day. It is much better than the bus.
It:
smells better
more room
faster
more room between you and creepy people
you meet AMAZING people on it

Today was interesting. I was on the bus over to the train station and a guy asked me how to spell hoodie. Being a future teacher I told him how and then wondered 'Crap was that the right way to spell it?' But anyway, we arrive at the front runner station and he asks if he can interview me. He is in the ESL program at UVU and had to interview someone in English to see what they knew about his country. He asked what country I thought he was from and he said his country was in a movie. He said it was a little while ago and it was a kids movie. My brain instantly thought Cool Runnings (one of my alllll time favorites) and said Jamaica but this was incorrect. He then said it started with an 'M' and then -lightbulb- Madagascar.

So today I learned a lot about Madagascar:
it has a population of 20 million
2/3 of the country is Christian
they eat rice with every meal
lemurs are EVERYWHERE
it is just like the movie (without the "New York Giants")
they speak Malagasy and French

I also learned I'd like to visit it one day

No comments:

Post a Comment